Provide an Internship
All students in the academy complete a nine week non-paid internship at some type of health care facility during the spring semester of their Senior year. The goal of the internship experience is to enhance the student's knowledge of a particular medical field or profession. By participating in the internship the student will obtain a perspective of the skills and tasks that are required of this particular job. As a result of the experience the student will better understand what kind of training and education he/she will need in the future. This experience will allow the student to understand the connection between schoolwork and their future careers.
Be A Guest Speaker
Volunteer to be a guest speaker in one of our course. This is an opportunity to inspire our students with your story, by sharing about your educational background, the career pathway you chose, what you do now and highlight the organization you work for now. It is Our students receive tremendous value and learning from all of our guest speakers.
- Mentorships help HCA students build college and career readiness.
- Provide HCA students job shadow opportunities.
- Connect HCA students to undergraduate and graduate students in the medical, health, math, and science to serve as role models for the pursuit of higher education.
- Build mentee’s social and emotional skills to strengthen self-esteem and confidence and prepare them for success in high school and post secondary education.
- Take the lead in supporting a young person through an ongoing, one-to-one relationship.
- Serve as a positive role model and friend.
- Build self-esteem and motivation.
- Help set goals and work toward accomplishing them.